In this module, students integrate various marketing concepts to design a detailed marketing plan of their own. In this lesson, students begin their projects by analyzing the market, using the resources available at the Knowledge@Wharton or the Knowledge@Wharton High School sites. Students use the articles to identify how successful companies have analyzed their markets, and what they predict for the market. As they analyze the articles, students will also be compiling rich data pools for their own market analysis.
For example, if students analyze how Panera, a restaurant chain, successfully identified a niche market, they will also be asked to think about what market segments they can identify for their plans. Students will use this analysis to identify their customer segments and begin to think about what unique and valuable product/service they can offer to their customers. The product design will be done in the class that follows.
- Marketing, I. Foundations of Marketing
- Marketing, II. Consumers and Their Behavior
- Marketing, VI. The Marketing Plan
- “The Mask Challenge: Lessons from the Pandemic’s PPE Shortage”
- “The Business Behind XFL Football”
- “Cheesy Garlic Bread Chips: Lay’s Lesson in Marketing and Brand Awareness”
- “Americus Reed on Marketing, Brands and the Cadence of Business and Creativity”
- “A Platform for Selling Art and Pursuing Dreams”
- “A High School Freshman Raises Funds on Kickstarter for Her New Kind of Backpack”
- “9 Business Terms Making News During the Pandemic”
Lesson Plan Details: