Students, We Want To Hear From You!
Any teenager anywhere in the world who is still in high school can enter our KWHS Comment and Win contest by signing up for KWHS (it’s free) and commenting on a story when the contest is active — from the end of June through August. Of course, you can comment on KWHS stories whenever you like, but you can only win great prizes from Wharton during the contest! This is a great summer contest for high school students, whether you’re in school or on break!
The KWHS business journal has hundreds of articles, videos and podcasts exploring entrepreneurship, economics, leadership, business, personal finance and careers. Find a story, video or podcast that interests, angers or inspires you through our search engine on the homepage or by scrolling through the Articles, Videos or Podcast tabs at the top of the homepage, and then share your reflections in the Comments section of the article. You may comment on multiple stories each round, but more comments (or longer comments) does not guarantee a positive outcome, and, if you are one of the round winners, you will only be recognized for one comment.
When you comment, we hope you will provide more than a review of the story. We want you to be reflective and to think critically about the topic of the article. Need inspiration? Check out this news story about last year’s KWHS Comment and Win for links to great comments from students around the world.
Educators, this is a great summer assignment for your students!
2019 Competition Highlights
- Round 1 of this year’s competition will kick off on Monday, June 24, 2019 and last until 11:59 EST on Friday, July 5, 2019; Round 2 will begin on Monday, July 8 and last through 11:59 EST on Friday, July 19; Round 3 will begin on Monday July 22 and last through 11:59 p.m. EST on Aug. 9; and Round 4 will begin on Monday, Aug. 12 and last until 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, Aug. 30.
- The theme for Round 1 is “anything goes,” meaning you can comment on any KWHS article, podcast or video. Stay tuned for the themes of subsequent rounds. Remember, we have hundreds of articles in our archives! You can choose any story on which to leave a comment. And you can also search by category. Share this competition with your high school friends and family — we need your voices!
How It Works
- High school students post comments to KWHS articles to practice their critical and reflective thinking; only comments from existing high school students will be evaluated for this competition.
- All you do is register for KWHS (if you haven’t already), log in, find a story you love, and reflect on it in the comments section.
- Four rounds, beginning at the end of June and ending in late August.
- You may comment on multiple stories each round, but more comments (or longer comments) do not guarantee a positive outcome, and, if you are one of the round winners, you will only be recognized for one comment.
- Top winners receive prizes and all winners get KWHS certificates and recognition on KWHS and social media.
- This is not an essay contest! Think about how to comment effectively on an article so that you are connecting your ideas, insights and opinions with what you’ve read.