Knowledge@Wharton High School Education Consultant
The Knowledge@Wharton High School education consultant provides services for all educational initiatives for KWHS. Working closely with the managing editor and other members of the KWHS team, the education consultant – ideally a former high school teacher, principal, superintendent – must have a strong background in business/economics education and financial literacy curriculum development and a working knowledge of the policies and standards that define secondary education in the U.S. A background in business is a plus, as is a more global perspective on curriculum development.
The education consultant must be willing and able to work with a small entrepreneurial team to drive and nurture KWHS’s growth through involvement in established programs and channels. Individual must be self-motivated, capable of working remotely, and able to meet defined goals on a strict timetable. He or she must understand marketing and also be equipped to identify and offer ideas for new areas of development to meet the changing high school classroom demands.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing a board of educators to offer suggestions and feedback
- Generating a steady flow of KWHS standards-linked lesson plans
- Managing lesson-plan quality control
- Generating new subscribers through educator and school-district outreach
- Building and maintaining the KWHS Global Leaders Network (a network of educational institutions that use KWHS resources)
- Consulting on core curriculum standards and other secondary-ed priorities
- Brainstorming and organizing materials for seminars and summer programs
- Building relationships with potential KWHS partners like DECA and FBLA
- Helping to design new classroom-based and PD workshop opportunities
- Assisting with investment competition outreach and resources
- Exploring accreditation requirements
- Consulting on webinars and podcasts for educator continuing education
Candidate should ideally be located in Philadelphia or the surrounding area as the position requires time on campus.
Knowledge@Wharton is seeking bids to contract this work on an ongoing basis. Please submit bids to:
Diana Lasseter Drake
Knowledge@Wharton High School