It is not just products or services that use promotional campaigns; brands too design and implement promotional campaigns. Building on the earlier lessons of branding, brand strategy and brand equity, brand promotions comes as a logical extension. If branding is a powerful tool to position, target and market an identity, it is only natural that this identity be promoted and leveraged to increase product sales. Additionally, this lesson orients students towards the subtle differences and overlaps between brand promotion and product promotions.
In this lesson, students begin by watching the Dove evolution video. This commercial was part of the successful campaign for real beauty designed and implemented by Dove in response to the falling sales of Dove products. Using the video, components of a successful brand promotional campaign are analyzed.
- Marketing, I. Foundations of Marketing
- “Super Bowl Advertising and Corporate America’s Message on Diversity”
- “NOMsense Bakery and the Nuances of ‘Dessert Maximalism’”
- “Invisible Horse Dance: The Business of ‘Gangnam Style’”
- “Fashion Meets Function: Deepa Gandhi’s ‘New Dawn’ for Handbags”
- “December 2017 Educator Toolkit: Building Your Brand”
- “Corn Flake Innovation and the Battling Brothers Behind the Kellogg’s Brand”
Lesson Plan Details: