The Philadelphia Investment Competition is a free, online investment simulation for students and teachers. Participants will learn about teamwork, communication, risk, diversification, company analysis, industry analysis and investing. Your class, as a team, will be competing with other classes from high schools in Philadelphia. Each team, led by its teacher, will be responsible for managing a portfolio of $100,000 in virtual cash. The competition will have two categories for winners. First, Top Class, which is the class with the largest return on its investment after eight weeks. Second, Top Analysts, which are the students who develop the most effective investment strategy.
- The Top Analysts will have an opportunity to present their strategies at Aberdeen Asset Management Inc. in Philadelphia.
- The Top Class will be recognized and awarded with KWHS honorary certificates.
- February 20th: Registration Begins/Pre-Competition Activities
- March 5th: Investment Competition Begins
- Week of April 2nd: Draft Investment Policy Due
- Week of April 23rd: Final Investment Policy Due
- April 27th: Investment Competition Ends
- Week of April 30th: Final Presentations
- Week of April 30th: Winning Teams Selected
- May 11th: Aberdeen Presentations
Fill out this form to register for the competition.