Students, We Want To Hear From You!
Any teenager anywhere in the world who is still in high school can enter our KWHS Comment and Win contest by signing up for KWHS (it’s free) and commenting on a story when the contest is active — from the end of June through August. Of course, you can comment on KWHS stories whenever you like, but you can only win great prizes from Wharton during the contest!
The KWHS business journal has hundreds of articles, videos and podcasts exploring entrepreneurship, economics, leadership, business, personal finance and careers. Find a story, video or podcast that interests, angers or inspires you through our search engine on the homepage or by scrolling through the Articles, Videos or Podcasts tabs at the top of the homepage, and then share your reflections in the Comments section of the article. You may comment on multiple stories each round, but more comments (or longer comments) does not guarantee a positive outcome, and, if you are one of the round winners, you will only be recognized for one comment.
When you comment, we hope you will provide more than a review of the story. We want you to be reflective and to think critically about the topic of the article. Need inspiration? Check out this news story about last year’s KWHS Comment and Win for links to great comments from students around the world.
Educators, this is a great summer assignment for your students!
2018 Competition Highlights
- Round 1 of this year’s competition kicked off on June 25, 2018 and lasted until 3:00 p.m. EDT July 6; Round 2 begins July 9 and lasts through 11:59 EDT July 20; Round 3 begins July 23 and lasts through 11:59 p.m. EDT Aug. 3; and Round 4 begins Aug. 6 and lasts all month until 11:59 p.m. EDT Aug. 30.
- The theme for Round 1 is “anything goes,” meaning you can comment on any article, podcast or video (Click HERE to read about our awesome Round 1 winners!). In Round 2, you must reply to an existing comment on a KWHS article. So, all the same rules apply; however, you can’t just leave a new comment. Read another commenter’s perspective, reflect, and provide a response that recognizes their points, provides feedback, and possibly offers your opinion. You may comment on any existing comment, whether it was left yesterday or five years ago. Feel free to debate. We’ll be watching.
- High school students post comments to KWHS articles to promote critical and reflective thinking; only comments from high school students will be evaluated for this competition.
- All you do is register for KWHS (if you haven’t already), log in, find a story you love, and reflect on it in the comments section
- Four rounds, beginning at the end of June and ending in August.
- During our first contest in summer of 2017, 250 high school students from around the world posted comments
- We honored 20 students throughout the competition
- Top winners receive prizes and all winners get KWHS certificates and recognition on KWHS and social media