The Global Young Leaders Academy (GYLA) provides a two-week intensive summer experience at Wharton. It adopts an entrepreneurial theme to give students a taste of accounting, marketing, management and finance knowledge. Students are required to develop a team-based business plan at the end.
2019 Session Dates:
Session A: June 8 – June 22, 2019
Session B: June 15 – June 29, 2019
Session C: July 6 – July 20, 2019
Session D: July 13 – July 27, 2019
Session E: July 20 – August 3, 2019
Eligibility: Current high school students (9th to 12th grades) with demonstrated academic accomplishments and a strong interest in business. Students must be at least 15 years of age upon start date of the program. Our program is an introductory business program for students who have minimal background in business curriculum. Students with previous experience in business classes should consider applying to other pre-college programs offered at The Wharton School.
Program location: The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, United States
Program fee: $5,115 plus a refundable security deposit of US $500. It covers tuition, activities, housing, most meals, ground transportation and medical insurance while at the program. However, it does not cover airfare, international travel insurance or visa costs.
- Business discussions with Wharton faculty
- In-depth learning on core business concepts and skills from select KWHS high school teachers
- Interactive college admissions workshop
- Bonding with selected Penn undergraduate students who serve as your residential advisors, through group projects and cultural activities
- Opportunity to work in a team and create a step-by-step business plan
- Conversations with local startups
- Participation in a community service project
- Weekend field trips
Application fee: KWHS waives the application fee in hopes of encouraging students from all backgrounds to apply for the program.
Application deadline: Application is on a rolling basis.
- A completed online application
- High school transcript
- A completed and signed teacher recommendation form
- Three short-answer questions
Please apply HERE through Braingain Magazine. Braingain Magazine is the event collaborator for KWHS on the Global Young Leaders Academy. Braingain Magazine provides administrative support and KWHS is wholly responsible for reviewing applications and providing all academic content for the GYLA program.
*The admission process for the program is completely independent to that of Penn or Wharton. Participation in the KWHS Global Young Leaders Academy does NOT guarantee admission into Penn or Wharton.