The Investment Competition is a free, online investment simulation for students and teachers. Participants will learn about teamwork, communication, risk, diversification, company analysis, industry analysis and investing. Your class will be competing with other classes from high schools around the country. Each class of teams, led by its teacher, will be responsible for managing a portfolio of $100,000 in virtual cash. At the end of the competition, teams will be required to submit a document detailing their recommended investment strategy. Aberdeen and K@W judges will review these final investment policies and select five top teams. Those teams will present their strategies to a panel of asset managers, who will then select the Top Analyst.
- Members of the winning Top Analyst team will receive prizes
- The winning team’s school will receive a prize
- The top team from each school will receive recognition
- October 26th: Registration Begins/Pre-Competition Activities
- November 12th: Investment Competition Begins
- February 1st: Mid-project Team Review and Draft Investment Policy Due
- March 29th: Investment Competition Ends
- April 5th: Final Investment Policy Due
- April 12th: Top 5 Teams Notified
- May 3rd: Strategy Presentations
Fill out this form to register for the competition.
NOTE: We are aware that some teams are currently experiencing issues logging into OTIS. We have identified the cause, and are in the process of correcting it. (posted 2/11/2013 10:30am)
Update: Login should be working again for everyone. (posted 2/11/2013 11:05am)