The Investment Competition is a free, online investment simulation for students and teachers. Participants will learn about teamwork, communication, risk, diversification, company analysis, industry analysis and investing. Your class will be competing with other classes from high schools around the country. Each class of teams, led by its teacher, will be responsible for managing a portfolio of $100,000 in virtual cash. At the end of the competition, teams will be required to submit a document detailing their recommended investment strategy. Aberdeen and K@W judges will review these final investment policies and select a group of top teams. Those teams will present their strategies to a panel of asset managers, who will then select the Top Analyst.
- Members of the winning Top Analyst team will receive prizes
- The winning team’s school will receive a prize
- The top team from each school will receive recognition
- December 12, 2014: Registration Begins
- January 5, 2015: OTIS Trading Begins
- February 13, 2015: Mid-term Reports Due
- March 23, 2015: Trading Ends
- March 27, 2015: Final Strategies Due
- April 3, 2015: Top Teams Notified
- April 30, 2015: Wharton Day and Presentations
Guidebook and Approved Stock List
If you are a student: Fill out this form to register a team for the competition.
If you are a teacher/advisor who will be supervising student teams: Use this link to register.
You must be a registered KWHS user to login to OTIS.Sign-in/Join