The Investment Competition is a free, online investment simulation for students and teachers. Participants will learn about teamwork, communication, risk, diversification, company analysis, industry analysis and investing. Your class will be competing with other classes from high schools around the country. Each class of teams, led by its teacher, will be responsible for managing a portfolio of $100,000 in virtual cash. At the end of the competition, teams will be required to submit a document detailing their recommended investment strategy. Aberdeen and K@W judges will review these final investment policies and select five top teams. Those teams will present their strategies to a panel of asset managers, who will then select the Top Analyst.
- Members of the winning Top Analyst team will receive prizes
- The winning team’s school will receive a prize
- The top team from each school will receive recognition
- November 20, 2013: Registration Begins
- December 6, 2013: OTIS Trading Begins
- February 28, 2014: Mid-term Reports Due
- May 9, 2014: Trading Ends
- May 13, 2014: Final Strategies Due
- On or around May 20, 2014: Top Teams Notified
- May 29, 2014: Wharton Day and Presentations
Fill out this form to register for the competition.