About Articles:Each week KWHS publishes informative articles on topics from business to entrepreneurship to college. The stories are written specifically for high school students.
- Calling all West Coast HS educators: Apply now for the @WhartonHS - @PwC_LLP #finlit seminar! The deadline is here! bit.ly/13SCfe2 - 1 week ago
- Thank you to all the HS teachers who helped make the #KWHS #investment challenge a success! @agreberman @dancingzee #thankateacher - 2 weeks ago
- Congrats to the winners of our Investment Challenge! Centsational from Bodine HS and Superiority Investment from Montgomery Blair HS #finlit - 2 weeks ago
- @WhartonHS and @PwC_LLP are offering a free #finlit seminar in San Francisco! HS educators apply by 5/9 at bit.ly/17tlE2i #hsbfr - 2 weeks ago
- Attn Educators! Upcoming @WhartonHS and @PwC_LLP seminar will teach #finlit for the HS classroom—learn more: bit.ly/17tlE2i #hsbfr - 3 weeks ago
Today, April 22, is Earth Day. KWHS talked with young people from Massachusetts to Mumbai, India, to learn about their passion and commitment to global environmental issues such as overuse of plastic bottles, fracking, the global water crisis and solar energy, to name a few of their concerns. it is a testament to the influence of youth activists everywhere.
The Week in Review:
In March, some of the country’s most innovative high school seniors traveled to Washington, D.C., for the Intel Science Talent Search 2013. KWHS spoke with $100,000 winner Sara Volz, a teen from Colorado, about biofuel, algae and building a laboratory in her bedroom.
Monik Pamecha, 17, has earned thousands of dollars as a tech blogger and website designer. His web-based businesses, located in Mumbai, India, have taught him valuable lessons about marketing, teamwork and the fast-moving technology market.
In 2012, student entrepreneur Ryan Marschang and some of his classmates launched Invisergy, a developer of solar technology building materials. While the technology showed great potential, building owners weren’t quite ready for the high-tech product, and its founders dissolved the business in December. Marschang sat down with KWHS Editor Diana Drake to discuss his passion for energy and how it feels to close the doors on a new business.
Dagne Dover, a new brand offering luxury quality accessories, like handbags at affordable prices, will be launching this spring. KWHS sat down with founder Deepa Gandhi to talk fashion, finance and the journey of a young equities trader turned entrepreneur.