arrow9 Comments
  1. mnob1230
    Jan 18 - 10:22 am

Excellent article. I see chess as a great way for young people to learn skills for planning, concentration, identifying opportunities and risks, and most importantly competitiveness.

2. Spencerj521
    Jan 19 - 11:40 pm

After reading this article, I feel the urge to play more chess to sharpen my business skills. I can definitely see the parallels between chess and business and enjoyed the article.

3. mathguy225
    Jan 22 - 12:03 am

This article makes me regret not following through with Chess Team!

4. theboss
    Jan 23 - 11:28 am

Chess is a really great way for teenagers to learn skills for the future.

5. Nightmare_on_EV_Street
    Jan 23 - 11:28 am

I love chess. The article makes me want to play chess for fun and possibly for business. Chess is the BEST GAME IN THE WORLD

6. leighwsilver@gmail.com
    Jan 23 - 1:23 pm

When I was traveling this summer with my boyfriend, we played a ton of chess – the only 2-person game we could think of! I quickly realized that patience is the key to winning, and that I developed how to predict my opponents moves. I just had to be patient enough to go through all possible scenarios. I think this is a good take-away lesson for the business world as well.

7. Tinazhang700
    Jan 26 - 12:01 pm

Chess and business are indeed compatible. Always think strategically, and when the opportunity comes, seize it. Main goal in business and chess is “do not let you enemies know your move”.

8. biggyd811
    Feb 05 - 6:07 pm

Great perspective on Chess. It really is more than just a board game

9. boisebaily@gmail.com
    Feb 08 - 4:32 pm

Yes the situation is quite the same as finding sponsors and the fact
    that all business is looking for money, and just like chess you must watch what your moves are because in one way or another it can mess you up and everything goes downhill from there. I would know this from experience, I am head of a paintball team in Idaho and I understand how everything works, the fact is business can be an absolute nightmare, when it comes to earning their donations and such.

~Baily Dekker